Tuesday, November 15, 2011

{gratitude}

I have been wanting to start a blog for a while, but I struggled to think of what to blog about. I sit in awe at the number of inspirational blogs out there and wonder if I could have an impact- just the slightest impact that could make someone's day better.

I have so many thoughts streaming through my head each day that I never write down- but I know it is important to write them down. After a lot of thinking and trying to get my creative juices to work (which does not happen often), I decided to make a gratitude blog. This will not only allow me to keep somewhat of a journal, but also allow me to share a little bit about my life, loves, and beliefs.

The President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints once said:

"This is a wonderful time to be living here on earth. Our opportunities are limitless. While there are some things wrong in the world today, there are many things right, such as teachers who teach, ministers who minister, marriages that make it, parents who sacrifice, and friends who help.

We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues." (Thomas S. Monson, "An Attitude of Gratitude," Ensign, May 1992, 54)

Today I am grateful for life.


4 comments:

  1. Al, I'm so excited for your blog! Hopefully all your gratitude can rub off on me and make me more positive :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Al!! You are so awesome and I can tell that I am going to love your blog already! You always know how to make my day better :) I am grateful for YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for my beautiful sweet daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, ok cutest person ever! Look at you changing the world! I love this gratitude blog! I'm so excited to follow and learn from your inspiring thoughts. gratitude is a very powerful thing. I love you! And miss you! Hope you guys are doing well. Tell Jake Hello!

    ReplyDelete