Wednesday, November 16, 2011

{accounting}


Ok, before any of you think I'm a total nerd, let me explain.

There a lot of reasons I am grateful for accounting, and here are a few:

1. Going through the accounting program has taught me that I can do hard things. It doesn't come easy to me, and I have to work really hard to just be average, but I have learned so much. It has taught me life lessons that are priceless.

2. It is one reason that brought Jake and I together. Early on in our friendship, it was one of the things that we had in common. Of course, after we got to know each other better, we just seemed to fit perfectly with each other. But talking about accounting was kind of our "ice breaker." (Ok, I'm not helping my defense about not being a nerd...)

3. Accounting has led me to meet so many incredible people. My peers and teachers have amazing caliber, and they have all made me become a better person.

4. There are so many opportunities in accounting. One of the main reasons I chose to study in this field is because I know I can work from home so I can raise cute babies. And that's definitely on my priority list.

So, although accounting has consumed my life for the last year and half, and will continue to do so probably for the rest of my life (considering that I married an accountant), today I am grateful for accounting.

PS- Did anyone catch the title of my blog? There's a lot more to account for than just numbers!

1 comment:

  1. I am obsessed with how witty you have become! I'd like to give myself a big shout out for my certain influence...& my humility...the title & subtitle of your blog is GENIUS!!! I love you, Jake, this post & everything else in the whole world that has anything to do with YOU!

    ReplyDelete